The Gorges of Tiberio have been carved by water for thousands of years. The place is magical and is also very interesting regarding geology, fauna and botany.
The excursion includes:
- a nature walk through centuries-old olive trees and ancient orange groves to the river Pollina
- the crossing of the gorges in rubber dinghy
- free time for bathing, swimming, picnic, relaxing and local fauna observation
- those who want to spend a day in nature but also want to bathe and swim
- families with children
- those interested in geology, fauna and botany
3-4 hours + drive from the meeting point until the departure point of the trail - 30 + 30 min
Medium-easy. Even people who cannot swim can participate
What to bring:
Hiking shoes (or good sport shoes), closed sea shoes (to walk in the river and on the rocks), swimming costume, water, picnic
Departure from the territory of Castelbuono (Province of Palermo) at 9 am.
You will be provided with a map indicating the meeting point when you book.
Still hesitate to book a guided hike with Nature Explorers Sicily?
See why choose us!
Mini-groups max 8 people - private excursions
Minimum 2 adult participants
Adults: 46 €
Children (6-16 years old): 15 €
Children (0-5 years old): Free
Private excursion extra fee: 20 €
Groups: please contact us
The price includes: naturalist guide member of AIGAE (Associazione Italiana Guide Ambientali Escursionistiche) - languages: English, Italian, French, Spanish, fee for the crossing of the gorges in rubber dinghy
Not included: picnic, transportation. If you don't have a car, please contact us to find the best solution
The excursion could be cancelled in case of bad weather conditions