The Gorges of Tiberio have been carved by water for thousands of years. The place is magical and is also very interesting regarding geology, fauna and botany.
The excursion includes:
- a nature walk through centuries-old olive trees and ancient orange groves to the river Pollina
- the crossing of the gorges in rubber dinghy
- free time for bathing, swimming, picnic, relaxing and local fauna observation
- those who want to spend a day in nature but also want to bathe and swim
- families with children
- those interested in geology, fauna and botany
3-4 hours + drive from the meeting point until the departure point of the trail - 30 + 30 min
Medium-easy. Even people who cannot swim can participate
What to bring:
Trekking shoes, closed sea shoes (to walk in the river and on the rocks), swimming costume, water, picnic
Departure from the territory of Castelbuono (Province of Palermo) at 9 am.
You will be provided with a map indicating the meeting point when you book.
Still hesitate to book a guided hike with Nature Explorers Sicily?
See why choose us!
Mini-groups max 8 people - private excursions
Minimum 2 adult participants
Adults: 46 €
Children (6-16 years old): 15 €
Children (0-5 years old): Free
Private excursion extra fee: 20 €
Groups: please contact us
The price includes: naturalist guide member of AIGAE (Associazione Italiana Guide Ambientali Escursionistiche) - languages: English, Italian, French, Spanish, fee for the crossing of the gorges in rubber dinghy
Not included: picnic, transportation. If you don't have a car, please contact us to find the best solution
The excursion could be cancelled in case of bad weather conditions